Posted on April 23rd, 2023
Congratulations on your newly resurfaced pool deck! At Resurface Right, we're committed to providing top-notch pool deck resurfacing services that transform your pool area into a stunning and safe oasis. With our expert team of professionals and quality guarantee, you can trust us to deliver exceptional results that exceed your expectations.
Once your pool deck has been resurfaced, it's essential to maintain it properly to ensure its longevity and keep it looking its best. In this blog post, we'll share our top tips on how to clean and maintain your newly resurfaced pool deck.
Introduction to Pool Deck Resurfacing
Resurfacing your pool deck is an excellent way to breathe new life into your pool area. It offers a cost-effective solution to enhance the look and feel of your deck without having to replace it entirely. Resurfacing also allows for customization in terms of color, pattern, and texture to match your preferences and needs.
Pool deck resurfacing can improve the safety of your pool area by adding slip-resistant features and can extend the life of your pool deck by repairing any cracks or damage before they become more severe. However, to ensure that your newly resurfaced pool deck lasts for years to come, it's important to maintain it properly.
Cleaning Your Pool Deck
The first step in maintaining your newly resurfaced pool deck is to clean it regularly. Here are some tips on how to clean your pool deck properly:
- Sweep: Use a broom or leaf blower to remove any loose debris, such as leaves, twigs, and dirt, from the deck's surface.
- Scrub: Use a soft-bristled brush and a mild detergent to scrub the deck's surface gently. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers that could damage the surface.
- Rinse: Rinse the deck thoroughly with a hose or pressure washer, making sure to remove all soap and debris.
- Dry: Allow the deck to dry completely before using it again.
- Use a Pool Skimmer: Use a pool skimmer regularly to remove any debris from the water, such as leaves and bugs, before they land on your pool deck. This will help to prevent stains and discoloration from forming on the deck's surface.
- Address Stains Promptly: If you notice any stains on your pool deck, it's essential to address them promptly. For example, rust stains can be removed with a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda, while oil stains can be treated with a degreaser or dish soap. The longer a stain is left untreated, the more difficult it will be to remove.
By following these tips, you can keep your newly resurfaced pool deck looking its best for years to come. Remember to clean your pool deck regularly, maintain it properly, and address any issues promptly to prevent further damage. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to our team of experts for assistance.
Maintaining Your Pool Deck
In addition to regular cleaning, there are other steps you can take to maintain your pool deck's surface:
- Avoid Heavy Objects: Avoid dragging or dropping heavy objects, such as patio furniture or grills, on the deck's surface, as this can cause scratches and other damage.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners on the deck's surface, as this can cause discoloration and damage.
- Trim Trees and Shrubs: Trim any trees or shrubs near the pool area regularly to prevent leaves and debris from accumulating on the deck's surface.
- Repair Cracks and Damage: If you notice any cracks or damage on the deck's surface, have them repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Adding Slip-Resistant Features
One of the benefits of pool deck resurfacing is the ability to add slip-resistant features to the deck's surface. Here are some options to consider:
- Textured Coatings: Textured coatings can add a non-slip surface to your pool deck, making it safer to walk on when wet.
- Anti-Slip Additives: Anti-slip additives can be mixed into the resurfacing material to provide a slip-resistant surface.
- Mats and Rugs: Adding mats or rugs to your pool deck can provide a non-slip surface and add a decorative touch to your pool area.
Winterizing Your Pool Deck
If you live in an area that experiences cold winters, it's important to take steps to winterize your pool deck. Here are some tips:
- Drain Water: Drain any standing water from the deck's surface to prevent freezing and damage.
- Store Furniture: Store any outdoor furniture and accessories in a dry, covered area to prevent damage from snow and ice.
- Use Salt Alternatives: Avoid using salt to melt ice on your pool deck, as it can damage the surface. Instead, use sand or a non-salt ice melting product.
- Avoid Heavy Snow: Avoid shoveling heavy snow off the deck's surface, as this can scratch or damage the surface. Use a snowblower or broom instead.
Common Pool Deck Problems and Solutions
Even with proper maintenance, your pool deck may experience some common problems over time. Here are some solutions:
- Cracks: Cracks can be repaired with specialized materials and techniques to prevent further damage and restore the deck's integrity.
- Stains: Stains can be removed with a mild detergent or specialized pool deck cleaner.
- Discoloration: Discoloration can be prevented by avoiding harsh chemicals and using a pool deck sealer to protect the surface.
- Peeling: Peeling can be caused by improper installation or wear and tear over time. Have the affected area repaired or resurfaced to prevent further damage.
At Resurface Right, we're committed to providing top-notch pool deck resurfacing services that transform your pool area into a stunning and safe oasis. Maintaining your newly resurfaced pool deck is essential to ensure its longevity and keep it looking its best.
Follow the tips in this blog post to clean and maintain your pool deck properly. If you notice any issues or need repairs, don't hesitate to reach out to our team of experts today for bespoke assistance. Contact us today at (614) 412-1163 to schedule your pool deck consultation and experience the Resurface Right difference.